Competition - Palliative Care Its Your Right…Nurses Making A Difference
Sunday, 22 May 2022
As part of this week's National Palliative Care Week, Palliative Care Nurses Australia (PCNA) are launching a competition for our members. We want to hear about and celebrate the amazing work nurses complete every day, in supporting people living with palliative care needs, and their families. We are keen to hear from nurses working in any setting of care and stories can be focused on clinical work (all deidentified of course) or ways a service continues to focus on enabling optimal care.
Submitted stories will be reviewed by a panel of senior nurses and we want these stories to focus and showcase the important role of nursing within the multidisciplinary team, an individual patient story; or showcasing your everyday work, a meaningful encounter, what palliative care nursing means to you and your nursing team. We want to hear from you about the amazing work you do with the aim of showcasing this for all members over the months ahead.
The top 3 stories will receive a prize – an e-voucher to the value of $100 each – so it is well worth your time in submitting!
Feel free to be as creative as you would like to be – stories written in the narrative are great, as are poems and art works/drawings (art works will need to be submitted by email). Please ensure you give your story or artwork a title.
Entries will be published on the PCNA website and will be shared on all PCNA social media channels to promote palliative care nursing.
Conditions of entry:
- Entries can be submitted from Sunday 22 May 2022 and must be received no later than Friday 10 June 2022.
- Submissions must be no more than 300 words.
- All patient details must be de-identified and you should consider approval from your manager to ensure they are happy with this application.
- This form must be signed and submitted with your entry, providing permission for PCNA to publish your entry.
- All entries and forms must be emailed to the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading PCNA Story Competition and title of your submission.
If you need further information please contact email@example.com
Good luck and we look forward to reading your submissions!