Employment Opportunity - Clinical Nurse Consultant
Tuesday, 22 March 2022
Clinical Nurse Consultant - Specialist Palliative Care Service (502892)
The Clinical Nurse Consultant - Specialist Palliative Care Service provides clinical leadership and direction in planning, implementing and evaluating the provision of palliative care to effectively support the delivery of a community palliative care service provided by the Primary Health North West Area Services. The Clinical Nurse Consultant - Specialist Palliative Care Service is responsible for:
- Providing clinical leadership and specialist clinical advice to nursing, medical and allied health staff including other health care providers and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating community palliative care clinical practices including palliative care assessment and treatment plans, psychosocial support and interventions.
- Leading the development and implementation of clinical protocols, guidelines and service delivery options.
The Specialist Palliative Care Service covers a wide area across the state's North West, with the central team based out of Burnie. The multidisciplinary team delivers a consultancy and support model, with frequent regional travel involved in addition to extensive phone consultation and support.
It’s different here.
Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
Today, as the rest of the world feels increasingly generic, our different-ness – our Tasmanian-ness – is among our most valuable assets. We invite you to be part of this special place, to quietly pursue the extraordinary, whether it be bushwalking, mountain biking or paddock to plate dining.
Tasmanian | The quiet pursuit of the extraordinary
What's on Offer
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Relocation allowance for successful interstate applicants can be negotiated
- Support for ongoing professional development
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, day worker, position working 64 hours per fortnight
Salary: $102,080 - $108,528 pro-rata per annum + 10% superannuation
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
1. Holds or is working towards relevant post graduate tertiary qualifications.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
For More Information and How to Apply
Please visit our website
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6477 7766
Applications close 3 April 2022