Employment Opportunity - Clinical Nurse Educator
Tuesday, 22 March 2022
Clinical Nurse Educator - Palliative Care (523936)
The Clinical Nurse Educator - Palliative Care (CNE) operates as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering palliative care services to patients, their families, and carers across the respective region of Tasmania. The CNE is responsible for:
- Facilitating and supporting the development of nursing team members by planning, promoting, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating education programs in palliative care.
- Providing professional advanced clinical leadership and expertise in the delivery of clinical advice, assessment and interventions based on best practice in the health care management of people with a life limiting illness.
- Contributing to learning and development programs for other health disciplines and volunteers.
The Specialist Palliative Care Service covers a wide area across the state's north west, with the central team based out of Burnie. The multidisciplinary team delivers a consultancy and support model, with frequent regional travel involved in addition to extensive phone consultation and support.
It’s different here.
Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
Today, as the rest of the world feels increasingly generic, our different-ness – our Tasmanian-ness – is among our most valuable assets. We invite you to be part of this special place, to quietly pursue the extraordinary, whether it be bushwalking, mountain biking or paddock to plate dining.
Tasmanian | The quiet pursuit of the extraordinary
What's on Offer
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Relocation allowance for successful interstate applicants can be negotiated
- Support for ongoing professional development
Details of Appointment
Fixed term, full time, day work, position working 76 hours per fortnight until September 2025
Salary: $102,080 - $108,528 per annum + 10% superannuation
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Driver's Licence.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds or is working towards relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualification in specialised palliative care management with experience working in the community setting.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (or equivalent).
For More Information and How to Apply
Please visit our website
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6477 7766
Applications close 3 April 2022.