Employment Opportunity - Clinical Nurse Specialist - Palliative Care
Wednesday, 24 August 2022
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Palliative Care (525880)
Primary Health, Burnie, TAS.
It’s different here.
Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
Today, as the rest of the world feels increasingly generic, our different-ness – our Tasmanian-ness – is among our most valuable assets. We invite you to be part of this special place, to quietly pursue the extraordinary, whether it be bushwalking, mountain biking or paddock to plate dining.
Tasmanian | The quiet pursuit of the extraordinary
- As part of an multidisciplinary team delivering high quality specialist palliative care, provide expert knowledge utilising an advanced clinical framework in the assessment and management of clients referred to the Specialist Palliative Care Service.
- Work in collaboration to ensure the efficient and effective provision of palliative care based on contemporary best practice within a collaborative interdisciplinary framework
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The North West Specialist Palliative Care Service is a community based consultative service, working across hospital, aged care and home settings. We are a diverse team, working across diverse communities and landscapes in northwest Tasmania. We service the main population centres of Devonport and Burnie, as well as taking in the rugged landscapes of the west coast, King Island, Smithton and Sheffield.
The multidisciplinary team, which consists of medical, nursing and allied health staff, provide palliative care advice, education and support to healthcare providers in North West Tasmania; and manages the care of referred palliative clients and their families when complex symptom management is required.
Palliative Care Service also works closely with GPs and community nursing services to ensures an integrated palliative approach and better client identified outcomes.
Details of Appointment
Multiple permanent, full time, day work, position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
Base Salary: $94,491 - $99,870 per annum
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
For More Information and How to Apply
Please find the vacancy on our website www.jobs.tas.gov.au
For More Information
Position: NUM - Specialist Palliative Care
Phone: (03) 6477 7766
E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 11 September 2022