Employment Opportunity - Nurse Practitioner
Monday, 12 December 2022
- Clinical leadership for a world class specialised palliative care program
- Investment into your professional development & training
- Innovative service models delivering exceptional end of life care for clients
- Permanent full time opportunity
Are you as passionate and committed to providing exceptional end of life care to clients as much as we are? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Blue Care is embarking on an exciting transformation to expand its palliative care services around the state of Queensland. With it, comes an incredible opportunity for an experienced Nurse Practitioner to lead a team that is renowned for the quality of palliative care it provides to clients and their families. You will have specialist clinical leadership experience in palliative care, to lead the strategy and engagement for our palliative and end of life services across regional and remote areas of Queensland. This role is instrumental in the leadership of palliative care services across multiple disciplines including stakeholder engagement, education, governance, compliance, advocacy and operational performance.
We believe that every Queenslander deserves the peace of mind to receive quality palliative care in the comfort of their own home. Our palliative care program provides holistic care through the provision of multi-disciplinary services across metropolitan and regional Queensland. In our client’s greatest time of need, Blue Care is there for them.
- We’re building innovative client-focused service models backed by some of the latest technology.
- We’re investing in our leaders who play a pivotal role and influence in supporting the professional development and growth of our specialist palliative care nurses, offering opportunities for them to expand their skills and experience in providing complex care.
- We’re expanding the capacity and capability of our team, allowing us to deliver more services across Queensland particularly in regional & remote locations.
This is your opportunity to be part of something unique. Something truly remarkable and innovative. Sound exciting enough? We think so! Don’t feel like you’re missing out, apply today and let’s connect.
What you will bring:
- Endorsement to practice as a Nurse Practitioner by AHPRA with extensive clinical leadership in palliative care
- Experience in supporting multi-disciplinary and holistic care needs for clients and their families or carers
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring other team members to develop nursing leadership skills
- The drive to deliver innovative and flexible solutions, whilst influencing and progressing the growth of the services
- Current Registered Nurse Licence and Registration Certificate to practice in the State where employed
- Demonstrated ability to connect with external and internal stakeholders, with a balance of strategic thinking and clinical service delivery
- Experience working across a large geographical area, supporting a team of practitioners
- Ability to travel across regional & remote Queensland as required, including a current Driver’s Licence and confidence to drive within rural and remote Queensland.
We’ll look after you too:
Whether we’re on the road, in people’s homes or in our centres, everything our dedicated and passionate team of more than 8,000 people do is built on our commitment to recognising individuals while enabling independence, choice and freedom. As the largest provider in Queensland, Blue Care delivers services to over 80 communities, offering you the opportunity to take your career anywhere from Coomera to Cairns. We offer:
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development and mentorship in Palliative Care to support you in your role
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Relocation and short-time accommodation provided if applicable
- Opportunities to work in unique rural and remote Queensland locations
Ready to work together?
Click ‘APPLY’ to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter.
As part of UnitingCare, we work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Everybody is welcome here. Diversity is at the core of who we are, our mission and our values. We believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at Uniting Care Queensland, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and Uniting Care's vaccination policy requirements, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet Uniting Care's mandate of receiving all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.