Employment Opportunity - Nurse Practitioner/Transitional Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care
Wednesday, 1 February 2023
Nurse Practitioner/Transitional Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care – Queanbeyan
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Practitioner
Remuneration: $130378.59 - $139598.55 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ374174
Applications Close: 5 February 2023
Interview Details: Interviews to be held within 21 days of closing date
Southern NSW Local Health District covers a large area of the southern half of NSW. Surrounding the ACT on three sides and all the way down to the Victorian border, it extends from the pristine beaches of the NSW South Coast, the farmlands of the Southern Tablelands, across the picturesque Great Dividing Range and the spectacular Snowy Mountains. We have 18 facilities and our hospitals take care of more than 200,000 people. As we are a major local employer, our staff are a part of our local communities. To find out more on what it is like to live and work in Southern NSW LHD click here - We are Southern
What we offer:
• Flexible work arrangements
• Salary Packaging – up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing
• Corporate Health and Fitness program
• 10.5% Superannuation on top of your gross income
• Annual Leave Loading
Where you'll be working
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to - and it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. Queanbeyan has enviable lifestyle and affordable property surrounded by an eclectic mix of small towns and villages. Canberra is just a 5-minute drive away, you can enjoy all the attractions of the nation’s capital along with fabulous restaurants. Connect easily and quickly with the world through the Canberra International Airport, with the beach and ski fields just 2 hours away. Imagine Rural - Southern NSW Local Health District
What you'll be doing
The Nurse Practitioner provides person-centered care at an advanced nursing practice level incorporating diagnostic and treatment interventions using a high level knowledge, skills and autonomy to achieve people focused quality care.
- Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) who is endorsed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. OR Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) working towards Nurse Practitioner endorsement with 5 years post graduate experience and at least 3 years in the relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in the absence of a Medical Practitioner to provide quality care together with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated exceptional clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means and sound interpersonal skills with the capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in the application of evidence based practice in implementing individualised person-centred care, diagnostic and treatment interventions at an advanced level with a commitment to quality improvement.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development, a commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, willingness to apply and share professional expertise as a resource person and mentor others within the field of practice.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and vaccination against Specific Diseases
This is a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive PD2020_017
All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. OASV requirements also include proof of vaccination against influenza and is compulsory for NSW Staff that enter any Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or who work in NSW Health owned and operated RACFs.
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. www.immi.gov.au
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kerry Pearce on 02 6150 7026 or Kerry.Pearce@health.nsw.gov.au