Employment Opportunity - Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) - Specialist Palliative Care Service
Monday, 28 February 2022
Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) - Specialist Palliative Care Service (502891)
- Provides leadership to the Specialist Palliative Care Team in the North West Region;
- Ensures the efficient and effective provision of client care, based on clinical standards and best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework by coordinating the clinical, management, education and research functions within the Specialist Palliative Care Service;
- Leads and manages the coordination of overall client care and is responsible for managing the allocated human, material and financial resources for service delivery and
- Manages projects, and/or research to evaluate processes and clinical outcomes to ensure services within the Specialist Palliative Care Service are consumer focused and streamline the transition of the client from the acute to primary care setting within a multidisciplinary team environment.
The North West Specialist Palliative Care Service is a growing community based consultative service, providing community client care and hospital and aged care in-reach services.
The multidisciplinary team which consists of medical, nursing and allied health disciplines provide palliative care advice, education and support to healthcare providers across North West Tasmania.
The team manage the care of palliative clients and their families when complex symptom management and support is required.
The team work closely with other Consultants, the client's GP, community nursing services, hospital staff and those working in aged care to ensure an integrated palliative approach with improved client and carer outcomes.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight
Salary: $108,967- $115,103 per annum + 10% superannuation
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Pre-employment Checks.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Relevant post graduate qualifications
- Current Drivers Licence
For More Information and How to Apply
Please visit our website.
Position: Director of Nursing
Phone: (03) 6477 7801
E-mail: [email protected]
About North West Tasmania
NW Tasmania is way too beautiful with stunning beaches, tons of national parks and World Heritage sites. Very affordable lifestyle with fantastic properties in idyllic locations at a fraction of the cost compared to Australia’s capital cities. You are close to everything and drive home from work is definitely over in a few minutes, so you have a better work life balance. Traffic jam is not a common term in Tasmania. Living in Tasmania offers you access to prime organic produce, true farmers' markets, a multitude of food festivals and so much more.
Please visit http://www.makeittasmania.com.au and www.discovertasmania.com.au
Applications close 27 March 2022.