Employment Opportunity - Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) - Specialist Palliative Care Service
Wednesday, 15 November 2023
Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) - Specialist Palliative Care Service (502891)
- Provides leadership to the Specialist Palliative Care Team in the North West Region;
- Ensures the efficient and effective provision of client care, based on clinical standards and best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework by coordinating the clinical, management, education and research functions within the Specialist Palliative Care Service;
- Leads and manages the coordination of overall client care and is responsible for managing the allocated human, material and financial resources for service delivery and
- Manages projects, and/or research to evaluate processes and clinical outcomes to ensure services within the Specialist Palliative Care Service are consumer focused and streamline the transition of the client from the acute to primary care setting within a multidisciplinary team environment.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for a full list of the duties.
The North West Specialist Palliative Care Service is a growing community based consultative service, providing community client care and hospital and aged care in-reach services.
The multidisciplinary team which consists of medical, nursing, allied health and administration disciplines provide palliative care advice, education and support to healthcare providers across North West Tasmania.
The team manage the care of palliative clients and their families when complex symptom management and support is required.
The team work across diverse care environments including inpatient, community and Residential Aged Care Facilities - working closely with GP's, consultants, community nursing services, hospital staff and those working in aged care to ensure an integrated palliative approach with improved client and carer outcomes.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $111, 784 - $118, 064 per annum + 11% superannuation + Access to Salary Packaging
For further information about how to apply please visit our website: Tasmanian Government Jobs
Position: Director of Nursing
Phone: (03) 6478 6160
Closing: 10 December 2023
About North West Tasmania
NW Tasmania is way too beautiful with stunning beaches, tons of national parks and World Heritage sites. Very affordable lifestyle with fantastic properties in idyllic locations at a fraction of the cost compared to Australia’s capital cities. You are close to everything and drive home from work is definitely over in a few minutes, so you have a better work life balance. Traffic jam is not a common term in Tasmania. Living in Tasmania offers you access to prime organic produce, true farmers' markets, a multitude of food festivals and so much more.
Please visit http://www.makeittasmania.com.au and www.discovertasmania.com.au