Employment Opportunity - Nursing Unit Manager - Palliative Care
Wednesday, 28 April 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Health Albury, a 50 bed publicly funded sub-acute facility located in Albury NSW, provides services to Albury and surrounding areas. Mercy Health offers a range of services including Palliative Care, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Transitional Aged Care, Day Therapy programs and Aged Care Assessment.
Our Palliative Care service consists of a 10 bed inpatient unit and community services for people facing life limiting illnesses. Specialist Palliative Care Medical Support is also provided.
As Nursing Unit Manager, you will be an integral part of the management team within Mercy Health Albury, responsible for the service delivery of Palliative Care for both inpatient and community services.
- Full Time Permanent position
- You will be responsible for providing clinical expertise and leadership to staff
- You will be accountable at an advanced clinical level for the coordination of clinical practice and provision of human and material resources in your area to meet departmental and organisational need
ABOUT YOU :
- Current unrestricted Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or working towards the same, or
- Alternatively relevant work experience or combination of qualification and work experience in Palliative Care and Management
- Demonstrated current leadership skills & ability to manage a team
- Current immunisation evidence as listed in NSW Health PD2020_017 Occupational Assessment Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases - Category A Risk?
Mercy Health Albury is a 50-bed a subacute public hospital in southern New South Wales offering a range of services including aged care assessment, day therapy programs, allied health, healthy ageing, geriatric evaluation management and palliative care.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ - - Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies. At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Christine Arnold, Operations Manager/ Director of Nursing
- Ph: 02 6042 1415 Email: [email protected]
To view the position description or submit your application please click here.