Employment Opportunity - Registered Nurse
Thursday, 6 April 2023
Department of Palliative Care
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Progress with purpose at one of Australia’s largest health care providers
Get ahead with salary packaging, benefits and professional development in a supportive team environment
- Work with a supportive and innovative multidisciplinary team
- Classification: Registered Nurse Year 1-8
- Remuneration: $33.97 - $47.69 per hour
- 2x Permeant Full Time roles
About the role
The Department of Palliative Care provides Registered Nurses an opportunity to develop specialist palliative care capabilities through excellent clinical and professional development frameworks. You will initially bed based in the hospice, with opportunities to work in community outreach services as you develop experience in this area of care.
- Registered Nurse authorised to practise by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Evidence Based Palliative Care practice, and its application to patient care within an acute or sub- acute environment
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work within an harmonious collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise new clinical situations and environments and plan safe, appropriate patient care with the multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate/be involved in quality improvement projects using sound planning and evaluation of outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to own personal and professional development as evidenced by personal portfolio.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Calvary with the ability and desire to uphold these principles.
What you bring
- A passion for exceptional nursing care, and ability to work in the collaborative environment.
- Excellent therapeutic communication skills
- A strong commitment to professional development and innovations in practice
- Experience in palliative nursing care and acute care nursing
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation
The Calvary Mater Newcastle is an Affiliated Health Organisation providing services to both public and private patients primarily from the Hunter New England area. Current employees of NSW Health can request to have various leave entitlement balances transferred to Calvary Mater Newcastle on commencement. Leave types may include but not limited to Long Service Leave, Annual Leave and Sick Leave. Applicants are encouraged to discuss this with the Convenor for further information.
For further information please contact Sheree Martin, Acting Nursing Unit Manager at Sheree.Martin@calvarymater.org.au or call (02) 4985 0364
Why work for Calvary?
At Calvary, our staff matter.
Join our team, learn with purpose and drive positive impact in one of Australia’s largest healthcare providers across Public and Private Hospitals, Residential Aged Care and Home Care.
With over 130 years’ experience and 18,000 staff and volunteers, we offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where you are valued, drawing on your own strengths, identity and background alongside a team of professionals who care for our patients, residents and clients.
- NFP salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities
- Flexible hours that make sense for you
Apply now to start your career in an organisation that is making a positive difference in the community.
Please note the following:
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights, criminal history check, WWCC checks, and a health evaluation to ensure suitability for the role
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role including influenza, tuberculosis screening, hepatitis, diphtheria, tetanus, varicella
Closing on: Apr 30 2023