Employment Opportunity - Registered Nurses
Wednesday, 4 May 2022
Opportunity for enthusiastic, motivated Registered Nurses to join our Inpatient Nursing team who are passionate about providing high quality nursing care.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Located at Mercy Care Centre, Young NSW
- 26 bed, subacute unit provides specialised Multidisciplinary care in Rehabilitation, GEM and Palliative Care
- Full time, Part Time and Casual positions avaliable
- We provide quality patient-focused and clinical care utilising a person-centred approach
- The roster incorporates Day and Evening (8 hour shifts) and Night Duty (10 hour shift).
- Free on site car parking.
- Provide effective leadership within the inpatient Nursing Department to ensure high quality clinical practises and care of Patients
- Support with relocation
- Short term onsite accommodation if required
- Registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse Division1
- High level of interpersonal communication skills ( both written & verbal)
- Excellent clinical skills
- Experience in leading and supervising teams of people
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centred care and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
ABOUT MERCY CARE CENTRE:
We are a subacute health service facility providing a range of outpatient, community health and aged care services for the people of Young and surrounding region. Our cre business is geriatric evaluation and management; rehabilitation and palliative care. Our facility is co-located with the Young Health Service and sits within Murrumbidgee Local Health District.
FACTS AT A GLANCE:
- Speciality – Subacute
- Key Core Areas – Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, GEM, Community and Day Care Services
- Number of beds- 26 Inpatient & 13 Community Transitional Aged Care Packages
- Funding Sources- NSW MoH, DVA, The Benevolent Society & Private Health Insurance
- Medical Coverage- Local GP’s & Visiting Rehabilitation Consultants
- Employees- 85 stafF
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
As well as the Inpatient nursing service we also provide the following:
- Aged Care Assessment
- Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab
- Community Nursing/ Community Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy ( Adult & Paediatric)
- Pastoral Care
- Physiotherapy ( Adult& Paediatric)
- Recreational Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Transitional Aged Care Packages
For gorgeous country charm and pleasure-seeking delights on the southwest slopes of the Great Dividing Range NSW the Young and Hilltops region is a wonderful destination famous for its cherry orchards and elegant cool-climate wines.
The Young region has a fascinating history of colonial gold rushes and notorious bushrangers. For your journey back in time, start at the Young Information Centre. Housed in a colonial railway station, you’ll find maps to heritage trails and walks, and information on local gourmet food shops and antique stores.
Visit the Lambing Flat Folk Museum, inside a former school building from 1883, for mining history and artefact’s from Young’s early days. The Boorowa Historical Museum hosts a special bushranger exhibition during Woolfest in October. Explore history at family-fun The Rustic Maze and Country Garden in nearby Monteagle.
Young and the Hilltops region is around four hours’ drive from Sydney and two hours from Canberra. It’s also a great stop on a Sydney to Melbourne road trip. The nearest airports are in Canberra, Wagga Wagga and Bathurst, all around two hours away.
ABOUT MERCY HEALTH:
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
To view the position description or submit your application please click here.