Position Vacant - Royal Perth Hospital
Monday, 4 November 2019
Royal Perth Hospital are currently seeking a suitably skilled and experienced person for the role of Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care. The Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care, provides a clinical service in collaboration with other health professionals to diagnose, treat and manage a patient’s health status in accordance with National legislation. The Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care will perform advanced physical assessment; orders diagnostic tests, interprets the results of these tests, initiates referrals to relevant health providers, and prescribes appropriate medications and other therapies as needed. The Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care provides clinical leadership as appropriate. The Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care practices within their scope of practice considerate of the Nursing and Midwifery Board’s Nursing Practice Decision Flowchart.
Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) is Perth’s inner city, tertiary adult hospital and part of the Royal Perth Bentley Group. Home to the State Major Adult Trauma Service, RPH offers tertiary-level emergency medicine, mental health, complex and elective surgical care, and specialist medical services. It is also a premier teaching hospital and contributes to innovation and excellence in medical research and patient care.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Eligible for registration in the category of Registered Nurse with endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated extensive professional experience, expert clinical knowledge, advanced skills and leadership within the area of specialty.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of human resource principles in nursing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated well developed interpersonal and communication (written/oral) skills.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of the state and national health policy framework which impacts on health service delivery in Western Australia and on the Hospital and Health Service.
- Possession of an approved post graduate or higher academic qualification in relevant Nurse Practitioner speciality.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
For Further Job Related Information: We encourage you to contact Kelly-Ann Hahn on 08 9224 1792.
Application Instructions: Applicants are requested to apply online (http://www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=245657).
Closing date: November 29, 2019 at 4pm.