**Membership benefits include online access to the International Journal of Palliative Nursing** Join or renew online; pay via Mastercard/Visa/Direct Debit.
When paying by credit card, a receipt should arrive within seconds at the email address you provide; if it doesn't, please check your spam folder.
Welcome to Palliative Care Nurses Australia
Palliative Care Nurses Australia (PCNA) is a unique membership organisation for all nurses working with people who are dying and their families. Membership is open to specialist palliative care nurses AND those who work in non-specialist roles in the care of people at end of life. Nurses work in a variety of settings - including (but not limited to) palliative care units, hospices, community, acute hospitals, residential aged care facilities and universities.
PCNA supports all nurses (including AINs, ENs, RNs, research and academic nurses) to continue their compassionate work with the dying person and their family as they journey through the experience of life limiting illness.
PCNA keeps its members up to date with the latest palliative care issues, both nationally and internationally through:
- Biennial Conference - next in Brisbane early 2018
- International Journal of Palliative Nursing
- Regular e-newsletter
- Website with latest events and resources
- Individualised emails to members
Review of Australia's Health System Performance Information and Reporting Frameworks
Recently a public consultation process was engaged in to elicit feedback about the recommendations and implementation process for the proposed framework for health system performance and reporting.
Further information about this is available via https://pool.healthperformanceframeworksreview.com.au/files/Public-consultation-paper.pdf
Palliative Care Nurses Australia felt it was important to respond to this work to ensure the needs of people approaching the end-of-life across all health care settings, are considered.
The core business of CRANAplus is to educate, support and advocate for all health professionals working in the remote sector of Australia. They are the only member based, National health organisation that has remote health as its sole focus, making us the remote health experts. This specialisation allows us to provide the unique education and support that is vital for staff to be equipped and able to remain within the remote health workforce.
CRANAplus recently developed a position paper on Palliative Care which the PCNA Executive PCNA would like to congratulate CRANAplus for taking the initiative to develop this position statement and for their commitment to enhancing the provision of best evidenced based palliative care for people with palliative care needs living in rural and remote Australia.
The paper has been endorsed by PCNA until 31 December 2017.
Sydney Local Health District Palliative Care Service
Clinical Nurse Consultant/Transitional Nurse Practitioner
Temporary (3 years) Full Time Appointment
The CNC/TNP is authorised to function autonomously and collaboratively in an advanced and extended clinical role and will deliver specialised complex nursing assessment, management and care planning for individuals with a life limiting condition, principally in residential aged care facilities (RACF).
- Demonstrated evidence of advanced practice and clinical leadership in the Palliative Care Specialty. 5 years full time equivalent post registration experience with at least three (3) years full time equivalent advanced practice in palliative care. Working towards endorsement with AHPRA to practice as a Nurse Practitioner (optional).
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of the Palliative Care CNC/TNP
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and utilise skills in critical thinking.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and educational development of others, with a commitment to own professional development and currency of practice.
- Post graduate qualification in Palliative care.
To apply, visit:
Applications close 23/06/2017.
(Reference Number 395431)